A Trekking Odyssey to summit 2 of Egypt’s highest peaks, the biblical Mount Sinai (2285m) and Egypt’s highest Peak, Mount Catherine (2642m)
- Summiting Biblical Mount Sinai
- Summiting Mount Catherine, Egypt’s highest peak
- Camping in Wadi ElArbeen under the starlit sky
- St Catherine village with its rugged mountains and biblical history
- Nuweiba Beach Camp
Drive from Cairo to St. Catherine village, have breakfast, visit St Catherine Monastery and rest before we embark on our epic adventure to summit 2 of Egypt’s highest peaks. Our first summit is Mount Sinai (2285m) where it is believed Moses received the Ten Commandments. The trek will take us through the ancient trails used by pilgrims up the mountain to reach the summit. From the top we will be rewarded with the breathtaking sunset over the surrounding Sinai mountains. Afterwards we hike down the mountain and make our way to our camp in Wadi ElArbeen. Dinner and overnight under the starlit sky.
Trekking Time: 4-5 hrs
Driving Time: 5 hours (450 km)
Today we are set to conquer our second summit on our journey and Egypt’s highest peak, Mount Catherine (2642m). Mount Catherine offers a more challenging experience, more spectacular views and relative solitude on the summit. Lunch will be served on the top and afterwards we will hike back to St. Catherine village then drive to our beach camp in Nuweiba and spend the rest of the day relaxing by the beach.
Accommodation: Beach Huts
Trekking Time: 5-6 hrs
Spend the day relaxing by the beach, then drive back to Cairo.
- Roundtrip transfers Cairo-St. Catherine in a private A/C vehicle
- Guided Trek to summit Mount Sinai & Mount Catherine
- Bedouin guides, cooks and camels
- All mentioned meals (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All Tickets & Permits
- Tips and Gratuities